Securing Our Future: ReStore
We are pleased to announce that Raritan Valley Habitat’s business plan for a ReStore has been approved by Habitat for Humanity International!
What is a ReStore: A ReStore is a place where donated household goods can be resold at affordable prices,. This initiative creates a new source of support for RVHFH to create more affordable homeownership opportunities in Hunterdon and Somerset counties and secures our future to continue to build homes, communities and hope for years to come!
Be a part of the planning process! If you have a good sense of retail, business, and/or project management details, we have space on our ReStore Committee. Your participation would lead to more families improving the quality of their lives while enhancing the quality of our communities!
Email Jan Holmstrup at email@example.com to participate in this exciting new chapter!
Advocate for Building Brighter Futures: Community Outreach
We have the words, YOU have the voice! If you enjoy working with the community, help us spread the word and create more promising futures for our neighbors!
- One-on-One: Man an RVHFH table at community events and fairs, sharing the current projects and work we’re doing and informing people on how they can get involved.
- In a Group: If you shine at public speaking, you can share RVHFH’s mission and works with civic organizations and other groups.
Join our team and make a real difference in the lives of individuals and families that need an affordable and safe place to call home! Email Rebecca Maier at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or complete the Adult Volunteer Form.
Help Out Behind the Scenes!
We are a small, but mighty staff looking to enlist caring volunteers to help with creating the magic behind the scenes. We would love to work with you!
1) Website: We’re updating our website on a WordPress platform and would love some additional help in transferring content. Anyone experienced or tech savvy would be a welcome addition to our team.
2) Grant Writing: Put your pen to the paper to build stability and self-reliance!
3) Administrative Support: We could always use a set of hands in reaching out. This includes making follow-up calls to vendors, supporters, and general inquiries.
4) Are you creative? If you know your way around a craft project, flex those innovative muscles and consider helping us revamp our story boards and other visuals!
If you’ve got the heart and the time, Email Rebecca at email@example.com or complete the Adult Volunteer Form!
Consider the following as a way to give your time to this valuable mission:
It takes more than a hammer and nails to eliminate the problem of substandard housing. In order to maximize the donations that we receive, we are a leanly staffed organization that relies on talented volunteers. We are always in need of help in our office, at the worksite, at our fundraising events, and in countless other ways. We realize your time is precious, and we’re always happy to work with you to find the best fit for you and the best use of your valuable time.
Are you visually artistic?
- Take photos on the job site for our homeowners, or at our events
- Shoot and edit video that shows home construction, provides instruction, or showcases our homeowners
- Develop strong power point presentations that educate and promote
- Design informational displays for our events
- Design promotional materials, special event logos, or reports
Are you an organizer or a planner?
- Help us with data entry, filing, and record keeping
- Track volunteer hours, recognition, and special talents
- Assist with events like Women Build by coordinating jobs, supplies, and donations
- Coordinate on-site lunches for volunteers
- Help plan fundraising events
Do you like the idea of having a direct relationship with homeowners?
- Work with homeowners by teaching or helping with required seminars
- Mentor and encourage families
- Assist with individual credit and financial counseling
- Serve on the committee that approves, evaluates, and conducts home visits for prospective homeowners
- Help promote and deliver upcoming homeowner orientations
Do you have professional skills to offer as a volunteer?
- Help our Human Resources committee with volunteer and paid job descriptions and employee reviews
- Assist in our Public Relations efforts to spread the word about Raritan Valley Habitat for Humanity
- Lend your fundraising skills to our work in: event planning, sponsor recruitment, grant writing, and online fundraising
- Assist with technology purchases and upgrades
Find out which committees are a match for you click here
How do I get started?
Complete our online Adult Volunteer Form today and we’ll make sure you are on our contact list and that you have all of the information you need to get started on the build site.