Individual Gifts & Tributes
Giving to Raritan Valley Habitat for Humanity
Through your donation to Raritan Valley Habitat for Humanity, you can help give a local family the priceless gift of a home. Any size gift will be greatly appreciated and will help us work toward our goal of building simple, decent homes for families in need.
Want to honor someone in a special way for a birthday, anniversary, or some other occasion?
Through our Extraordinary Gift Program, you can contribute to the purchase of building materials in honor of family and friends. For any gift of $25 or more, RVHFH will send a printed acknowledgement to the person you name announcing your gift in his or her honor.
What a wonderful tribute for all kinds of occasions:
- Birthday gifts
- Teacher gifts
- Mother’s Day and Father’s Day
Where your money goes
Individual donations help RVHFH purchase building materials for a house under construction. (Fund-raising expenses make up only 5% of our total revenue.) Here are some examples of what your money will buy:
$5 – 8ft. 2X4 Lumber
$10 – Box of Nails
$15 – Sheet of Wall Board
$20 – Porch Light
$25 – Gallon of Paint
$50 – Box of Vinyl Siding
$75 – Box of Renewable Bamboo Flooring
$100 – Window
$150 – Kitchen Cabinet
$300 – Washer
How to donate
There are several ways to make your tax-deductible contribution.
- Give through Somerset County United Way - please be sure to specify Raritan Valley Habitat for Humanity as the recipient. (Our United Way of Tri-State payee number is 018430.)
- Matching gifts - please request a matching gift form from your personnel office, fill it out, and include it with your contribution.
- Donate Your Car - Cars for Homes™
- Mail a check or credit card information – use our INDIVIDUAL DONATION FORM
- Donate online – click and you will be taken to a new page to make a secure online donation via credit card