Join the Team!
Join our team and work for a great cause! RVHFH is seeking a Retail Store Manager to help us launch our new Habitat ReStore this Fall and a Driver/Donations Ambassador. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Habitat ReStore Manager
Position Summary: The Habitat ReStore Manager is responsible for the management of the Habitat ReStore’s day-to-day operations, playing an active role in planning for the Habitat ReStore’s future and representing the Habitat ReStore and its mission at public and corporate events. This position will be responsible for developing positive relationships in the community, cultivating partnerships with local business partners, and managing a robust volunteer base to help with store operations. Retail management experience a plus. This is a full-time, salaried position. Opening hours of operation: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 10-6, Thursday 10-8; Manager expected to oversee all hours of operation.
- Lead, train, and manage staff and volunteers in a positive and safe manner
- Develop and Manage the Habitat ReStore budget
- Recruit volunteers and manage volunteer scheduling to ensure adequate coverage.
- Establish an environment of high quality customer service
- Ability to make quick, sound, positive decisions in rapidly changing conditions; anticipating, addressing and solving problems.
- Fostering relationships with donors, business partners, customers, volunteers, and other stakeholders through written and oral communications
- Developing reports and updates
- Maintaining the Habitat ReStore appearance and inventory.
- Stocking shelves, soliciting and receiving inventory, and displaying inventory onto the floor, setting up and breaking down displays.
- Establishing, maintaining, and monitoring of payment process.
- BS or BA degree, preferred
- Minimum of 3 years responsible retail, merchandising or sales management experience.
- Demonstrate ability to lead, train, and manage staff and volunteers in a positive and safe manner.
- Knowledge of sales, marketing, and construction materials.
- Demonstrate competent financial and budget management skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive customer relations.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Adaptability . . . . A quick, sound and positive decision maker in rapidly changing conditions; anticipating, addressing and solving problems.
- Basic computer skills, including MS office, Excel, social media and related marketing software
- Ability to lift 50 pounds. Work may require climbing ladders, moving furniture, and considerable time on one’s feet.
Successful completion of Criminal Background Check, Drug Screening and Sexual Offender Check
Send resumes to Restore@rvhabitat.org
Habitat ReStore Associate
Part-time and/or Full-time
$12/hour, 20-40 hours/week
Position Summary: The Habitat ReStore Associate provides a welcoming presence for all volunteers and customers, assures that all volunteers have been properly trained, and manages the volunteer schedule to adequately staff the Habitat Restore on a daily basis. Through direct interactions with the public this position will be responsible for developing positive relationships in the community.
- Model excellent customer, donor and volunteer behavior, and encourages others to behave similarly
- Assist the Manager in completing daily sales and reconciliations
- Oversee daily cash transactions and deposits
- Assure that the facility is maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner
- Assist the Manager in developing and implementing marketing and public relation campaigns to help further the mission of the Habitat ReStore and local affiliate
- Assist the Manager with the store displays and arrangement of items for maximum utilization of available display space
- Ensure that all items are properly priced and ticketed and appropriate turnover of stock is carried out.
- Provide support and direct assistance to the ReStore Manager as requested
- High School diploma /GED required
- Basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and management software
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations and unexpected shifts in priorities
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, communication and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as the ability and willingness to work collaboratively in a team-environment
Successful completion of Criminal Background Check
Salary: $12 per hour, part-time and/or full-time, 20-40 hours per week
Send resumes to Restore@rvhabitat.org